Saturday, January 29, 2011

Humor Me.


After the drama of the last novel I taught in English, I figured my juniors were ready for something fun and lighthearted, so I decided it was time for Huckleberry Finn. That's right! That's exactly what it is, too. It really is a fun satire that Twain wanted people to enjoy and think about without feeling preachy (I'm looking in your direction, Crash). 

So, we started our class discussion today about what makes something funny and why Mark Twain is considered one of America's best humorists. That's right. I took them straight to the Awkward Family Photos website. Here were some of their favorites.

I'm sure the stuffed animals are just as much a part of the family as everyone else.

A family that shares the same hobby, always stays together.

Great minds.

Best Positioning EVER.

George Clooney started the trend.

Reindeer Games?


Republicans?

No comments: