Monday, February 22, 2010

True Glamour



I'm gonna tell it to you straight. I'm just not a girl who's into Fergie, Lady Gaga, Beyonce (ok, there was that ONE song...), Pink, or any of those other tough chics with lots of booty action, skanky clothes, hyped up sound, heavy synth, and shallow lyrics. It's true. I'm not an easy sell with modern pop music. It's just not that appealing or glamorous to me. But you know who IS one of the most glamorous women I've ever heard? Rosmary Clooney. This gal can croon and swoon and make any song sound like butter melting into toast. I CAN'T get enough of her lately. I've become a Clooney addict (and most people are shocked when they learn it's Rosmary and NOT George (I don't like George much either)).


Look at the simple dance moves, the awesome boots, the honey and syrup voice of Nancy here! Again, many people will take Frank, but lately, it's all been Nancy for me and my house.



And who can forget one of the most classy and beautiful women ever to grace the silver screen? Doris, you were my hero when I was younger, and you still are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I totally agree with you. Although I would have to put Julie Andrews in that category... And I have to admit that absolutely LOVE Ingrid Michaelson. I actually heard her song "Maybe" on the radio the other day! She just knows exactly how I feel all of the time...

-Audrey

Stella said...

Yes, Ingrid is probably the singer I've connected with the most in the last ten years of my life. I discovered her in Switzerland when I was vacationing here back in 2007...before I ever thought of living here!